blog header

blog header

Search This Blog

26 Jul 2010

The controls of my Mango Sport, Jenease

My Mango Sport Red Edition is sporty and light wight, but does carry quite some gear. You can spend a lot of hours inside a velomobile, so everything has to be just right.

One of my personal additions is the stainless steel cable that keeps the steering column under a certain angle. That takes work away from my arms so I consume less energy. Energy that's better used to go far and fast. Other people just let the handle bars rest on their 'earo' belly, which I haven't got ;-) That low fat percentage is the same reason there's padding on the seat.

Well then, I'll guide you through all the switches, levers and buttons.

  • On the left is a little red dash light, there's another one on the right side of the cockpit. I find red light to be pleasant to my eyes when it's dark.
  • On top of the dash is the main power switch. With that on, also the mini daytime lights go on.
  • The computer is a Sigma BC1609. My own choice. Has the optional cadence meter installed.
  • Under the Sigma is a switch that turns on all four indicators. Beside it are lights that flash along with the indicators. There's also a buzzer to make sure you don't forget to turn the indicator off again.
  • On the side of the dash is the switch for the IQ-speed head light.
  • Above the Mp3 player are three switches, USB-outlet (special option!), rear fog light and dash lights.

  • The steering column has a bar-end shifter on each side. A friction shifter controls the front dérailleur. 
  • The indexed one on the right controls the 10 speed rear dérailleur. It's all Ultegra stuff.
  • In the middle is the brake lever, with build in parking brake. Its has a sensor to activate the brake light.
  • The little red button allows me to switch between the high and low power option of the Busch und Muller  IQ-speed head light, 50 or 10 lux. Explanation is difficult, just remember that 50 lux is a lot.
  • Next to the light mode switch is the indicator switch.
  • In the middle is the mount for my Garmin Dakota GPS.
There's no electric horn or bell in my Mango.  I've mounted a pump that powers a horn. The same pump can be used for pumping up tyres.

More photos can be found here.
My velomobile was built by Sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment